and as i have been telling anyone who cares to ask.
winter break was great.
my parents came up.
we went to LA, did touristy things
we went to SF, did touristy things
we went to stanford and i was their tour guide.
then i went on a roadtrip to tahoe with yitao and sharon.
in my new car.
snowboarded. pain in the ass, literally.
came back early due to inclement weather.
watched movies in SF. 5 of them.
went to six flags.
went to sky high.
ice skated.
that's my eventful holiday for you. plus or minus a bit.
but it was a restful break. it normalized me. (in the sense that it re-tuned my very messed up sleep cycle).
it gave a break from thinking too hard.
so right now. its the 4th of january and the new year has passed a few days back. i'm into the second day of class and i am settling in -- getting into the groove of school again. no real homework yet. but some reading.
on a rather contemplative note. i am going to set some goals and resolutions as we all traditionally do with the coming of the new year.
I will be basing it on 3 key principles:
1) Growing academically
2) Being worldly
3) Having a meaningful time at Stanford
In terms of academic growth, I'd say that there will be 3 practices I aim to keep this year:
- Don't procrastinate on work
- Work hard in everything I pursue
- Always clarify problems when in doubt
To be more worldly and other than learning about what the school teaches me, I will:
- Read the papers daily
- Read a book of interest/ Learn an important life skill once every 2 weeks
And lastly, but most importantly, I will resolve to have a meaningful time at Stanford by:
- Making more friends and maintaining those meaningful relationships
- Pursue my interest (-shouts- FLYING)
- Find a new passion and commit and work towards it.
I am actually in a very contemplative mood at the moment, but I guess I will add one more resolution to cap the list off. An important one or, rather, two:
- Be disciplined.
- Keep to schedule
I will turn in at midnight.
Wow! What a happening holiday! And thats a lot of goals!! Lols...
ReplyDelete